In close collaboration with the founder, the social media manager will play a key role in ensuring strategic management of Biting into Life’s brand presence—a whole-food plant-based food blog—on social media, particularly on Instagram and Facebook. Her/His main responsibilities will be ideation, planning, and community management.
The ideal candidate is proactive and constantly looking for new growth opportunities on Instagram and Facebook. You enjoy interacting with various communities, starting conversations on relevant topics. Real-time events fuel your imagination. You are the person to turn to for the latest social media news and trends, but also the one who makes sense of these developments in a practical way. Does this sound like you?
I am looking for someone who shares my passion for all things digital, social, and marketing. On top of all that, if you love to help the underdogs, take up complex challenges and achieve your goals, and face situations with confidence and direction; if you're the type to show initiative and efficiency in the face of problems, and believe that every problem has its solution, I look forward to connecting with you!
Coordination and Content Creation (daily)
- Collaborate with the founder to help her with the design process focused on the brand and consistent with other ongoing marketing actions
- Develop, write, plan and promote creative and relevant Instagram captions, Facebook posts, and snippets for new and updated blog posts—taking into account the community, positioning, promotions, and brand announcements
- Develop editorial calendars that meet the needs and goals of the brand; schedule social media and engage live on Instagram with Biting into Life’s audience.
Community Management (daily)
- Respond to comments and fuel interactions with followers
- Engage with the audience and respond quickly to questions and comments
- Network often with key influencers in their sector to diffuse the brand message and build valuable connections.
- Willingness to step up to maximize partnerships when they come up
Metrics and Analysis (weekly or monthly)
- Foster the continuous improvement of the brand's social presence by proposing new ideas, monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators, and making strategic recommendations
- Set up a conversion strategy on social networks, from the social platforms to the mailing list
- Advise and implement social media strategy to engage and grow Biting into Life’s audience on Instagram and Facebook
- Stay abreast of new platform features and the latest social trends
- Minimum of 2 years of social media management experience driving traffic from Facebook and Instagram
- Good command of Facebook tools (Business Suite), excellent knowledge of Instagram (Stories, Reels, Video), and experience with Plann or Later
- Work with brand partners to execute social media campaigns as needed
- Impeccable English language quality
- Graphic design skills (Canva, InDesign, or Photoshop)
- Knowledge of the latest trends in digital content and social media, and Google Analytics
- Sense of initiative, positive attitude, and good judgment
- Excellent communication and good listening skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent management of priorities
- Impeccable French language quality + ability to translate from French to English
- Interest in plant-based food
- Video content creation
- Experience in managing several social media accounts simultaneously
Proposals will be accepted through May 19th. If you are selected to proceed to the next step, you will be contacted the week of May 22th with instructions for a simple work sample before interviews are scheduled. You can expect to hear from me either way.
Notes: It’s highly likely that freelancers who love the plant-based niche will resonate with this position and submit their services, but please focus on your qualifications and why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Also, please refrain from reaching out other than by clicking on the link below.